Climate Controlled Storage: Extra protection for what matters
About climate controlled storage
Climate controlled storage at iStorage protect your belongings from damage due to extreme hot and cold temperatures. The moderate temperature of our climate controlled storage facilities eliminates worries about damage caused by extreme temperatures and humidity.
A climate controlled environment provides valuable protection for anything you store. Metal, wood, and plastic left exposed to summer's heat and winter's frigid cold can warp and weaken. Our climate controlled units provide an extra layer of protection for what matters.
When you need climate controlled storage
Climate controlled storage units eliminate worries about possible environmental damage. At iStorage, the temperature in our climate controlled units never falls below 55° and never rises above 85°. Enclosing these units helps keep out other threats like dust and pests.
Placing your items in climate controlled storage means no worries about the havoc extreme temperatures can wreak. Wood expands and contracts when exposed to extreme temperatures, causing warping, contraction, and cracking. Fabrics and white paper turn yellow, and extreme cold destroys electronics. Protection from these extremes will provide you with unparalleled peace of mind.
Climate-Sensitive storage items
Here are a few of the many items that benefit from climate controlled protection:
- Photo Albums
Advantages of climate controlled storage
The benefits of climate controlled storage far outweigh the extra costs. Here are a few things to consider when trying to decide whether it's the right solution for you.
- It can cost far less to upgrade to climate controlled storage than it does to replace damaged items.
- Temperatures between 55 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit create a comfortable environment in your unit when you visit.
- Enclosed units eliminate worries about damage from pests, extreme temperatures, or corrosion if you end up needing storage longer than you anticipated.
- No need to worry whether your environmentally sensitive belongings are protected.
- Enclosed climate controlled storage units protect wood and metal from warping, splitting, and cracking due to cycles of expansion in the heat and contraction in the cold.
- Leather, fabric, and clothing are protected from environmental factors that cause yellowing and overall deterioration.
- Clean interior climate controlled areas mean less exposure to dust and dirt than basic storage areas.
Climate controlled checklist
Once you decide climate controlled storage is the right choice for you, follow this checklist to get the full benefit of its advantages.
1. Make a Plan
a. List everything you will store. Note items to which you need easy access.
b. Group listed items by material type - fabric, metal, glass, etc.
a. Gather boxes and packing tape
b. Gather items like newspaper, blankets, and bubble wrap for protecting packed items
c. Find pallets or storage shelves for fragile items.
a. Maximize storage space and reduce breakage by packing tightly
b. Pack items made of similar materials together
c. Pack related items together (i.e., pack a bag with the cord(s), remote control, and other related items with the television.)
d. Create a diagram of your unit based on its measurements
e. Use the diagram to plan placement of boxes, with items noted for easy access at the front of the storage unit
a. Ask the iStorage staff about access hours
b. Follow the box placement plan you created
c. Leave enough space around temperature sensitive items for air circulation
d. Raise furniture and similar items off the floor
e. Put your list of stored items and your placement diagram in a safe place for future reference
Call or visit iStorage today and find out about our move-in specials. Let the friendly experts at iStorage help you find space for what matters.