Boat Storage Provides Peace of Mind in the Off Season
About Boat Storage
If you spend part of the year fishing, water skiing, or boating and the rest of the year counting down the days until you can do it all again, the day you have to put the boat away for a while is tough. iStorage knows that you value your prized possession and want to keep it in top condition. We offer a variety of outdoor, indoor and, in some locations, covered storage solutions that will put your mind at ease, no matter what type and size of boat and trailer you have.
When You Need Boat Storage
Your boat is a treasure; it allows you to go on weekend outings, summer vacations, and fishing trips that create lasting memories.
The only downside is the amount of space it requires when it's not in use — especially if you don’t have a dock of your own. Due to its size, a boat can easily take over a driveway, yard, or garage, and many neighborhood covenants don’t allow homeowners to store their boats at home.
Reasons for Boat Storage
You need your garage to store cars and other items. Taking over your driveway or valuable street space causes parking issues. At an average length of 15 to 28 feet, a boat can take up lots of space at your home. Placing your boat in storage avoids these hassles.
Some neighborhoods regulate where you can park, and often that includes rules that prohibit parking a boat in your driveway.
A boat left outside your home can be a magnet for thieves and vandals, and an uncovered boat is put at risk of damage from harsh weather. Boat storage can provide security and environmental protection that you can't get when it's sitting in your driveway.
With storage facilities located all over the country, you're sure to find one close to your home so pick-up and drop off are as swift as possible. You may even find a location close to your favorite water destination, which will save you time and gas when you’re ready to hit the water.
Leaving your boat in the water at a dock may be the most convenient storage option in the height of summer, but constant exposure to the movement of the water causes damage that a boat kept in dry conditions won't suffer. Especially when it isn't going to be used for a long period, dry boat storage protects your boat from the perils of constant water exposure.
Boat storage during the cold winter months requires certain precautions. iStorage offers climate-controlled indoor storage to shield your boat from cold temperatures, snow, ice, and other harsh winter weather.
Types of Boat Storage:
There are a variety of types of boat storage. The experts at iStorage can help you decide which is the best options for you based on your needs.
Indoor Boat Storage
- It doesn't get much easier than drive-up access.
- Extra large indoor storage spaces protect your boat from outside elements
- Features like 24-hour video recordings, electronic-gated access, and well-lit surroundings provide a secure environment.
- Heated and unheated boat storage units are available.
- A wide variety of storage sizes are available. We even have units that allow for the storage of your trailer if needed.
Outdoor Boat Storage
- Our outdoor storage is an open area where you can safely leave your boat.
- Paved parking areas promote cleanliness and reduce possible damage issues that come with storing on gravel or grass surfaces.
- Outdoor parking spaces typically start at 20 feet and come in a variety of lengths to fit different size boats.
- We recommend a high-quality boat cover to guard against precipitation and sun if you choose outdoor boat storage.
Covered Boat Storage
- Covered storage spaces protect your boat from outdoor elements.
- Covered storage includes a roof similar to that of a carport.
- The cost is more than uncovered storage but less than indoor storage.
- iStorage provides flexible lease terms to fit your budget and your lifestyle, including a month-to-month plan that gives you the flexibility to store your boat for as long as you need.
Contact an iStorage facility today and find out about our move-in promotions!