Looking for a small storage unit? Maybe your new studio apartment isn’t spacious enough for that IKEA haul? Don’t panic! You’ve come to the right place. iStorage offers affordable storage all over the country. All of our facilities are safe too, with video cameras and on-site managers keeping a close eye on things. Choosing us is a no-brainer, but now the real question is, what size storage unit works best for you? In this article, we’ll explore a 5×5 storage unit size, a 5×10 storage unit size, a 5×15 storage unit size and finally a 10×10 storage unit size. Keep in mind; we have TONS of sizes to choose from if these aren’t your exact match.
5×5 Storage Unit Size: What Can You Fit?
A 5×5 storage unit from iStorage could hold the contents of a large closet or small room, which is a lot more space than you might think! Here are a few ways we can describe the size:
Packing tip: If you need to access your unit often, consider checking out our larger units for more flexibility and walking space!
What Can You Store in a 5×5?
As long as it isn’t flammable or susceptible to the climate, you can store TONS of items in one of our regular 5×5 storage units! To help you visualize, here’s how we suggest using a 5×5 storage unit size.
- Store a desk, chair, dresser, twin mattress set, and some boxes.
- Use it for additional storage space, especially if you live in a small, downtown apartment.
- Storing off-season clothing and accessories
- Storing seasonal decorations, lawn and gardening equipment
- Sports storage – think snowboards and ski gear.
5×10 Storage Unit Size: What Can You Fit?
A 5×10 storage unit from iStorage is a step up from our 5×5 unit size. Here’s what you can expect when you choose one of these bad boys!
Packing tip: Stacking is not only possible but expected in a storage unit. Even though the floor space might look small, there’s a lot of overall space for careful storage.
What Can You Store in a 5×10?
You name it; you can store it in a 5×10 storage unit from iStorage. (Except for anything flammable, please.) For example, if stacked well, you could fit a small, 1-bedroom apartment in a 5×10 storage unit. You could easily fit everything in your college dorm, too (and even some of your roommate’s stuff). Here are a few other things you can fit to give you a better idea:
- Apartment storage: an entire bedroom, a queen-size bed, two large dressers, two nightstands, a vanity, a desk, and a chair.
- Home storage: An entire dining room, including a hutch, china cabinet, 8-person table, eight chairs, and a few large boxes.
- Collector’s storage: a collection of toys like action figures, collectible plates, antique books, vinyl records, and more.
- A small office: including three desks, three office chairs, five 4-drawer filing cabinets, and several medium boxes.
- Kayak and other watersport storage, including lifejackets, paddles, coolers, ropes, etc.
- College storage: an entire dorm could easily fit.
5×15 Storage Unit Size: What Can You Fit?
A 5X15 storage unit from iStorage will give you some serious space! We like to describe the size like this:
What Can Fit Inside a 5X15?
One important factor most people don’t realize is that a storage unit will have a huge door. It’s 5 feet wide by almost 8 feet tall! This isn’t like a regular door or closet door in your home– it’s more like a small garage door that rolls up! In other words, getting in and out with practically anything won’t be a problem. You can fit virtually anything through a door that size, including:
- A really, really big sofa!
- A grand piano (at least on its side)
- A giant dining room china cabinet or dresser
- Your king-sized mattress AND boxspring
10×10 Storage Unit Size: What Can You Fit?
A 10×10 storage unit at iStorage is about the same size as a large walk-in closet or a small bedroom. That might not seem like a lot, but it’s actually a TON of space. For example:
Large Items Can Fit in a 10×10!
One of the best reasons to rent a 10×10 storage unit is to store large items. For example, kayak storage and canoe storage is ideal in a 10×10 unit. A ride-on mower would easily fit. You could probably fit three of them. Here’s a better look at the large items that can fit in a 10×10 storage unit
- Five canoes or kayaks
- Three ride-on mowers and lawn maintenance equipment
- A small collection of motorcycles
- A small john-boat with the engine, trailer, and equipment
- Extra-large sofas and overstuffed furniture
What Makes iStorage the Perfect Choice?
No matter what storage unit sizes work best for you, iStorage is a perfect choice! Whether short-term or long-term, keeping your items with us just makes sense. Here are a few of the best reasons:
- We’re very affordable and a cheap storage option with high-quality features.
- We offer month-to-month leases, so you don’t get stuck in a long-term contract. You can store your things short-term or long-term; it’s your choice.
- Our facilities are very safe, with 24/7 video security, on-site managers, and keypad-controlled front gates. They’re also very well lit at night for extra safety.
- All of our facilities are clean both inside and out.
- We offer extended hours to make it convenient for you to come and go as you want.
- We have indoor and outdoor spaces. You can store a boat, car, truck, or RV with us.
- We offer climate-controlled storage units for items that need extra protection from heat and cold weather.
How to Get Started with Your Small Storage Unit
Renting any size storage space from iStorage is a breeze. All you need to do is fill in our online application. Then, pick the right size storage unit. In less than 10 minutes, you’re all set! Your storage unit will be waiting for you when you arrive at your local iStorage location. Just see the on-site manager when you get there! Within minutes, you’ll be filling up your space with everything you need to store safely and securely. If you have any questions, you can chat with a manager online whenever you like!