Moving to Crestwood, Illinois? If yes, you’re in for a real treat! A suburb of Chicago, Crestwood is vibrant, contemporary, and has an array of excellent amenities. There are so many things to do in Crestwood, IL. The parks are lovely and abundant, and the food scene is one of the best in the United States.
In short, there’s no lack of inspiring, fun, and entertaining things to do in Crestwood, IL! If you’re searching for something to do, you’re in luck, as we’ve collected the best of them below. If having a great time with family, friends, and colleagues in Crestwood is your goal, read on!
MOVING TIP: If you're on your way to Crestwood, reserve a Crestwood storage unit before you arrive. When you get here, it will be ready for all your stuff so you can start house-hunting with ease.
Enjoy Food at Crestwood’s Best Restaurants
In this part of the United States, it gets cold and stays that way for a few months every winter. That’s when the best (and possibly only) thing to do, as the locals say, is enjoying great food and beer! (Chicago deep-dish pizza? Yes, please!) Below are a few of the top restaurants in Crestwood to make your belly full and happy.
- Louisa’s Pizza & Pasta- A local favorite serving savory Italian and what many call the area’s best pizza.
- Portillo’s Hot Dogs- Don’t let the name fool you; the food and ambiance here are both flavorful and fun!
- Barraco’s Ristorante. If Mama Barraco’s cooking, there’s no better place to stuff your face!
- At The Office Sports Bar & Grill. If Bulls, Bears, Cubs, and Blackhawks are your spirit animals of choice, this is the place for you!
Experience NFL History at Soldier Field
One of the most well-known landmarks in Chicago is Soldier Field, constructed in 1924. Amazingly, it’s the oldest NFL stadium in the United States! Don’t let that fool you, however, because the stadium was entirely renovated in 2003. Home of the mighty Chicago Bears of the NFL (Da Bears!), many other events are held in the stadium every year. Plus, you can walk along the beautiful waterfront or visit Alder Planetarium on foot as they’re right next door.
Seek Refuge in Wolfe Wildlife Park
About 12 minutes from Crestwood, you’ll find a hidden gem in Wolfe Wildlife Park. A natural wetlands area, if you’re a bird-watching enthusiast, you’ll see over a hundred species here, which is darned impressive. You’ll also see turtles, monarch butterflies, raccoons, and even peregrine falcons and great white egrets!
The park offers an exceptional playground for the kids and plenty of paved walking and biking paths. Indeed, many local nature photographers have made Wolfe Wildlife Park their home away from home. They also host the annual Woofstock Festival, the largest dog festival in North America! If you need to store your bikes and biking gear, renting a Crestwood storage unit is an affordable option.
Get Inspired at Lake Katherine Nature Center & Botanic Gardens
Possibly one of the best in the northeast, folks in Crestwood rave about Lake Katherine Nature Center & Botanic Gardens. It’s 7 minutes away in Palos Heights but feels like a million miles in terms of tranquility, beauty, and delight. There are beautiful nature paths to enjoy, waterfalls and, of course, gardens galore. You can even rent kayaks to see Lake Katherine from a duck’s-eye view! It’s truly a paradise, and so close, you can go as often as you like! It’s also one of the most inspiring things to do in Crestwood, IL.
It Might Not Be a Thing to Do in Crestwood, But Take a Detour to the Windy City!
Chicago-style pizza. The Magnificent Mile. Millennium Park. Navy Pier. Skydeck Chicago. What do all of these fantastic attractions and amenities have in common? They’re all found in Chicago, about 30 minutes from Crestwood! That makes visiting Chicago and all of its world-class amenities an easy-to-do day trip. Seriously, there’s so much to see and do in Chicago you’ll likely be going there often. Some of the best include:
- Chicago Riverwalk. This lovely waterfront path along the Chicago River is easily the best way to see the Windy City.
- Adler Planetarium. Vintage, Art Deco charm, and awe-inspiring science come together in one of America’s first planetariums.
- Millennium Park. One of the country’s great public spaces! Don’t miss “The Bean” and the Lurie Gardens!
- Shedd Aquarium and Abbot Oceanarium. Dive into adventure with these two superb aquatic-themed locations. (There be beluga whales here, matey!)
- Skydeck Chicago. For a thrilling view of the Windy City, this is a must-see!
- Navy Pier. Situated on magnificent Lake Michigan, this is an excellent spot for family outings. If you’re here during summertime, make sure to see the Summer Fireworks display every Wednesday and Saturday!
There are Many Fun Things to Do in Crestwood
We think you’ll agree; being in the heart of the Chicago metro area certainly has its perks! Whatever the season or the reason, there’s plenty to do in captivating Crestwood. If you’re moving here, make sure to reserve a Crestwood, IL, storage unit from iStorage before you arrive.
At iStorage, we’ve helped many folks store their household goods when they arrived in town. They store many other things with us, however, including antiques, sports equipment, boats, collections, and restaurant supplies. All of our storage units in Crestwood are clean and safe, with 24/7 security. We also feature an on-site manager for added safety and security.
Questions about storing your things? You can chat with us anytime or reserve a storage unit online in under 10 minutes. Even better, visit the iStorage location in Crestwood and meet the onsite manager. They’ll be happy to show you around and help you get the rental process started. Until then, enjoy everything Crestwood has to offer! If you’re on your way, be safe and let us know if you need any help when you arrive!