Miami just makes us think of boating, beaches, and dancing. (But mostly boating). Heading to the beach is a blast. But, to take advantage of Miami’s weather and water, you need a boat. If you’re lucky enough to have a boat, you need to make it ‘yours.’ Outfitting it the way you like with fishing or skiing gear, for example. Having a small electric motor for trolling is possible too, or a winch to haul in your anchor. And then there’s boat detailing, Miami, FL, one of the most popular forms of customizing your boat. Many boat owners choose to have their boat detailed to make it stand out from the rest. But what, exactly, does boat detailing in Miami, FL entail? Let’s take a quick look.
What is Boat Detailing, Miami, FL?
The sun and salt in Miami can make a mess of your boat; it’s true. To keep your boat in pristine shape, having it detailed is a great solution. (That’s especially true if you plan to store it in a Miami self-storage center.) Below are some of the services that you’ll receive when you get your boat detailed:
- Vinyl cleaning and conditioning
- Oiling any Teak surfaces
- Polishing any metal and stainless steel
- General cleaning of all surfaces, nooks, and crannies
- Cleaning and waterproofing all canvas covers
What Benefit Does Boat Detailing Provide After Taking It Out of Storage?
Boat detailing, in effect, is a deep-clean of your boat from top to bottom. In itself, that is a benefit, as it makes your boat look shiny, bright, and attractive. After you’ve had your boat in self-storage, however, it’s even more critical. Even though it’s been sitting safely in storage, the Miami sun and salt can still do some damage. That’s when boat detailing provides a few more benefits, including:
- Maintaining your boat’s value
- Reducing ‘drag’ in the water
- Sanitizing your boat
- Preventing metal surfaces from corroding and paint from fading
- Discovering small problems and fixing them before they turn into big problems
- Increasing the usable life of your boat
When Should You Have Your Boat Detailed in Miami?
Now that you know how vital boat detailing is, the next question is this; when should you detail it? Experts say you should regularly detail your boat even if you don’t use it often. That’s a little vague, however, so below are the best times to do it.
- At the start of the boating season
- At the end of the boating season
- Before storing your boat for any length of time
- After your boat’s been in a Miami storage facility.
- Once every month, if you use it regularly.
- Before you sell it (to make it look presentable)
Many folks here also store their boats in a Miami storage unit. If you do as well, detailing it every time you go out is a great idea. It’s more comfortable in a storage unit facility because you have access to the entire boat. Plus, a Miami storage facility keeps your boat safe and secure.
Now Have Some Fun in the Miami Sun!
We hope this brief article gave you the answers you sought about boat detailing, Miami, FL. Have a wonderful time out on the water in your spiffy, spotless boat, and be safe out there!