With less than 9,000 residents, Bayport, New York, is a tiny town on New York’s Long Island. One of the best things about Bayport is its location right on the Atlantic Ocean, giving residents ample opportunities for boating, fishing, crabbing, and water-based activities! Bayport is also a suburb of one of the biggest and brightest cities in the United States, New York City, NY! Read on if you’re moving to Bayport and looking for information about the town before you arrive. We’ve got that info for you below, including the best places to live in Bayport!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Relocating to Bayport, NY
Relocating to Bayport, NY, is the same as moving to any other city or town in the United States. It’s stressful, time-consuming, and costly. Let’s be honest; it doesn’t matter if you’re moving 10 blocks or 1000 miles, moving is the worst! To help reduce your stress, save you time, and reduce your moving costs, we’ve collected the best moving advice and tips for you below.
- If possible, move to Bayport in the summer. Severe winter weather makes moving to Bayport in the wintertime much more difficult.
- Start planning your move to Bayport 4 to 6 weeks ahead of time.
- Call 3 or 4 of the best moving companies for an estimate. Bekins Van Lines, United Van Lines, and several of the biggest are always good choices.
- Choose a top-rated mover and lock in your moving dates, including packing, loading, and unloading. This is especially important if you’re moving long distance.
- Get rid of everything you don’t want. Remember, movers charge by weight. Selling, donating, or trashing as much as you can undoubtedly will save you a lot of money.
- Schedule to have all of your utilities disconnected. gas, electricity, utilities, internet, garbage, water, etc.
- Gather all your essential paperwork and documents, including medical, dental, and vet records, School transcripts, vehicle titles, professional licenses, etc.
- Find storage and reserve a storage unit in Bayport, NY.
Is Bayport, NY a Good Place to Move?
Many factors make Bayport a good place to move, including the excellent public school system, the comfortable weather, and the strong job market. Public schools, for example, get an A rating, and the comfort index in Bayport, at least in summer, is 9 / 10, which is gorgeous.
As mentioned earlier, there are many outdoor activities to enjoy in Bayport, as the town sits right on the Atlantic Ocean. If you’re a boater or love fishing, you’ll be in fishing heaven! The nightlife is exciting in Bayport year-round and the commute time into New York City isn’t half bad.
One drawback is the cost of living in Bayport, which is higher than in some areas of the East Coast. That, however, is mostly because Bayport is a suburb of New York City, making finding affordable housing more complicated. The housing index in Bayport is 196.8, nearly double the U.S. average. In fact, no cost index in Bayport is lower than the national average, which is unusual.
It’s also worth noting that both violent crime and property crime in Bayport are much lower than the national average. For example, while the U.S. average for violent crime is 22.7 / 100, it’s only 8.7 / 100 in Bayport. (That’s very low.) Property crime is slightly higher but still nearly 40% lower than the national average.
Best Neighborhoods in Bayport
It should be noted that Bayport is a small town with only a few neighborhoods. Sure, it’s close to New York City and Queens, Brooklyn, and the rest, but Bayport itself only has a few small neighborhoods. All of them are very similar, share a similar vibe, and offer similar amenities, including the lifestyle that comes with being a coastal town with easy access to the water. The best places to live in Bayport include:
- Blue Point
- Davis Park
- Bay Shore
- East Patchogue
Relocate with Ease with iStorage
If you’re still searching for places to live in Bayport or have a move in date and need to find storage, iStorage has everything you need. Our storage options include vehicle storage, wide aisles for truck access, ,month to month leasing, temperature controlled storage units, and much more! If you’re planning a move to Bayport and need moving advice, iStorage is an excellent source.
No matter what you need to store or for how long, you can count on iStorage to provide safe, secure, and affordable options. Our self-storage facility in Bayport is state of the art and so is our storage facility in Patchogue, NY. Click, call, or visit the nearest iStorage and meet the on-site manager. They can answer all your questions and will gladly help you choose the perfect storage unit for your family’s needs. Until then, welcome to Bayport, New York!